Re: Final question on T-18 vs T-19

Scott,

<< What do you think. I am especially eager to hear from people who have
driven these. >>

When I got my 74 Scout II, it came with a T-18 close ratio. Now, I had 3.73
gears with 31x10.5x15 tires on it. Both 1st and second were worthless to me.
1st was too low, and 2nd was too high to start out from a stop. At one point
the T-18 started making noises, so since I wanted a lower gear for rock
crawling reasons, I found a T-19 wide ratio. It is great. 2nd is perfect for
starting off from a stop, and 1st works great off roading. Oh, and I love that
1st is synchro'd too ! I have since put on 33x12.5x15 tires and it's still
perfect. I kept the T-18 as I found out that the problem with the T-18 was
that the tailshaft nut had been backing off. It's there if the T-19 breaks.

YMMV

STeve