Re: Gas tank selector

The aliens commander decided "Chris and Ranae Procyk" <procyk19@domain.elided>
would make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>You mean Vitron?  I got an O-ring for my gas tank at MMC's and I think it
>was Vitron.  Only place I could find that had anything near the size.  They
>list (www.mcmaster.com):

I believe that's "viton" and my understanding is that viton seals resist
heat better than Buna-N rubber seals, but are still not impervious to
petrol.  Viton may not be on the top of the list for use with petrol, but
it's miles ahead of Buna-N.

But then what do I know?

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT