Re[2]: 727 rebuilds for life!

     Tom,

        Seems like tapping anything needs to be done with the tranny apart
     to minimize chips and such, also, any fitting installed there would
     certainly be larger than the end of piep that I had planned for around
     3/8" of protrusion along the front face.  I don't know if they'd
     drill/tap that for me.

        The drilled hole in the top is a piece of cake man!  What are you
     stressing over, 'tought to get right'.  Drill a freaking hole through
     the bellhousing, and make sure it lines up with the front face.  Done
     this type of thing on a hundred other projects.  Try making your own
     threaded cable adujsters.  Drilling down a 5mm bolt with a 1/8" drill
     for 4 inches, that's hard to get right,...

        ...this, is not hard.

        I'll see what they recommend.  Basically with a sealed dipstick and
     the silicone case flange, and the itty bit pipe I want to install, I
     shouldn't have to worry.  What do the sealed 700R4 or the TH400 (4L80,
     4L60) from the Hummer/HMMWV use?  They're submersible!  The vent pipe
     doesn't need to be very big.  I was thinking a 1/8" brass pipe JB
     welded into the breather hole, run up the front face and JB welded at
     the drilled hole in the top of the bellhousing.  small piece of vinyl
     hose up to the top of the fender, done.

        Thassit,

        -Joel