Re: Rubber Spring bushings?

Speaking of spring bushings:

When Jerry and I (and Tim too!) were at the swap meet this weekend, Jerry
picked up some polyurethane spring bushings from ????(the manufacturer of
the ones in the yellow package) for his Scout. Two sets - front and rear.
They have that "shoulder" on them.

I remember some discussion about whether you want the ones with the
shoulder or without. I don't remember the pros and cons. Thus, even though
my Scout is in dire need of new bushings, I passed until I get "the
straight scoop" from my brothers and sisters on the Digest.

Do I want the "shoulders"? Why or why not?

I also got to ride in Jerry's Scout. This was the first time ever, that I
rode in another Scout. And you know what, with carpeting and headliner,
that damn thing runs quiet. My former Terra-now-Traveler sounds like what I
would expect a 55 gallon drum on wheels to sound like rolling down the
freeway. I am now more convinced than ever that I can make my Traveler
every bit as comfortable but more usefull and functional than any SUV on
the road. I just need to get some parts and do some work.

Tom H.