RLIRELAND@domain.elided

> Roy,

     I had the exact same problem you had when Replacing my 727 with a T-19My
bearing woulnt go far enough to push in clutch fingers. My problem
was 2-fold, first the guy who sold me the 4-speed. gave me a throwout bearing collar
from a truck, they are shorter than the scout's collars.
It took me awhile to figure this out. Out comes the trany agian, one new clollar
later
I still have the same problem. It seems to my dad that my fingers were too far in
when the plate is tightend. So, I'm guesed my disc was too thick. instead of puling
the
tranny for the 3rd time, I just put washers between the flywheel and the pressure
plate
which gives the same result as putting in a thinner clutch. finaly, It worked.
    My disc is about .4" I have a hunch from the manual and the parts store that its

suposed to be about .25"
    Can anyone out there confirm correct disc thickness for a 345 T-19wide?
    Roy, all this might not be the same as yours, as you have the 3-speed.
Im sure sombody else on the digest  might be able help you out with that.
    Grant