Antler

Hello,

    How would it tell if the CB was on?  They don't have power antenna
outputs. I'd bet on the red as the main power to the motor and the green as
the antenna trigger wire out of the back of the radio. Possibly this wire is
also in use (out of the radio) as the remote turn on for the amps. Usually
just a 12V out when the radio is on. The antenna should have coax cables to
a box. One is the radio and one is the CB. This box switches the radio
antenna out of the circuit when transmitting. BAD things happen when you
pump 4Watts into a receiver that's listening for microvolts. This type of
antenna usually has a "loading coil" - plastic covered wire windings - in
the antenna mast. Could also be buried inside.  Power antennae are a pain,
the combo antenna is never as good as either of the separates would be for
their respective bands. You're asking a fixed length antenna to work on
27MHz (CB), 530 KHz+ (AM) and 87.7MHz+ (FM) kinda wide spread. Good luck.
Definitely interesting to see a purple Scout with a power antenna though.

Matt Palguta

Subject: Re: Radio Wires

O.K. I think I may have confused everyone with the details of this
problem.
   I know how the radio hooks up. That is easy. The EQ was easy, even
the amps were easy. The problem now is the antenna. The antenna is a CB
AND Radio antenna.Therefore, it has two remote wires, presumable to
activate both when the radio is on and when the CB is on. Now there are
two separate power feeds for the antenna, one red and one green. Now the
standard color code would be for the red to be for the radio. I would
then guess that the green would be for the CB.
   I think I'm figuring this thing out as I talk about it. I think I
need to change some of the wiring as it is now, but; it does work,
sort-of.

cookiedan@domain.elided
2 1979 Scout II's and one 1971 Scout 810