Trying to find yer Scout

Bob,

For probably $10.00 you can do a title search with the State of California
and they will tell you if the vehicle is still registered and the name of
the
current owner.  They probably won't give you their address, but at least
you'll get an idea if it's still alive and kicking.  I did this in Illinois
when I
was trying to find my wife's first car.  All I had was the license number
from a picture of when it was new in 1974.   I found out that it had been
junked in 1989.  So much for that....hope this helps

Jeff