Fuel Pump problem

Digesters,
My Holley Fuel Pump on my Pro-jection system became intermittent the
other day. Upon tracking down the source of the intermittency (new
word) the very well designed (apparently) connection where the supply
wires plug into the pump, showed a lot of corrosion when taken apart.
I mean lots of blue crud, like you get on poorly maintained battery
connections. It was very difficult to get completely clean, and I'm
still not happy about its condition.  I thought I might approach the
problem by waiting for Mr. Anal Retentive to come down to spend some
time in the desert, then I'd look pitiful, and he'd make sure it was
clean by using his electric toothbrush and water-pik on it. (grin)
I make this post, because there was no external sign of corrosion, and
I thought it might help someone else who might otherwise think that
he/she had a fuel pump failure.

John Hofstetter