From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #524
Date: Wed, Jan 27, 1999, 2:34 PM

Well, the extra weight of an IH pays off with big dividends when
you've got
slop, slush, ice, and heavy snows on the road.  Those light weight
4x4s,
especially with wide tires, often just have to stay home!  But, put
the
front tires of my Scout onto a really deep mud spot (like 90% of
Michigan
is!), and I could get sunk up to the axles pretty quick.  There a
lighter-
weight jeep, or god-forbid, a Samari, could drive right over the top
of it.