Buying local

>Some things I just hit NAPA up for.. I NEED the parts NOW.  Plus, by
>buying from NAPA, I keep IH in their mind and computers.. "Hey, this

That's been my philosophy.  But I'm re-thinking the second part.. like I
just bought a bunch of rad hoses from Carquest but am in no hurry ) to put
them on (anybody want the part numbers? These are for the '69-'73 IH V8
trucks.  Now maybe I should have ordered them from SSS?  BUT... if Fred
needs a hose in a hurry, then I've helped him by keeping the Carquest line
"primed"... Sigh.

>It doesn't have to be the cheapest.. just close.

Me too.  But if the prices are way out of wack (re- the window seals)... or
seemingly expensive (re-the floor boards) I just don't think a person should
jump to conclusions that they're getting ripped off quite as quickly as we
seem to.

>I always buy my gas at "maverick" stores.  it's slightly cheaper, but my

Funny story:  a local newspaper columnist visited his hometown of Seattle,
and wrote a story 'bout it (I guess to write it off).  So one of his things
was to try to see Bill Gates' new digs.  As part of his snooping, he stopped
at a local coffee shop or something.  He asked if Bill ever came in there.

The counter girl told him that "He used to come here a lot, but we got
bought up by a big chain.  He believes in supporting the mom-and-pop places,
so now he goes to..."

The more you think about that the more bizarre it gets.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA