Fuel tank for EFI

Hey Binders.

I have been thinking about putting together a fuel tank for the Fuel
Injection system that I plan to put on my Scout II. It occured to me
that the correct way to build a tank / fuel pump is to place a
depressed tank sump (something like a Jegs 550-40757) in the front
(back??) of the tank, (with pipe threads ofcourse)
to insure that the pump always has fuel even when sloshing... But
also to build a hood over the pump/filter assy to prevent it from
damage..

the other trhing that occured tome is that the return line should
also have a pipe that drops to the bottom of the tank to lower the
turbulance in the tank (I suspect it would be quieter, too)

problem is I also want the tank to hold about 30 gals... I wonder if
a tank with a sump would end up too low?

any thoughts about a protective hood/pump/filter ?

has anyone built such a thing for themselves (or is this going to
have to be  another web page project for me too. ;-) )

thanks again..

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."