Re: mileage tips (1 of ?)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:29:26 -0700 Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> writes:
>> 22.  A spoiler added beneath the front of the car can add an extra
>>      1-3 mpg.
>
>Ah-HAH!  There's my problem!
>
>Where can I find an airdam/spoiler that'll go from my bumper all the way
>down?  With 4" of lift and 33s (and another inch of body lift on the
>way) that's a long ways to make up... I think it's at least 15" or so to
>the bottom of the front bumper (comes to mind - it's about as high as
>you can mount foglights and have 'em be useful)

Tom,

I think there's a company called Meyer that makes an appropriately-sized
airdam for your Scout which will also double as a very-protective front
bumper.  It has an attractive high-visibility yellow finish and comes
with an electro-hydraulic mechanism to raise it out of the way for
off-roading.  It would also come in handy in the next Montana
blizzard--maybe you could even make some money to pay for the next
brainstorm.

Howard

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]