From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: ihc-digest V6 #502
Date: Thu, Jan 21, 1999, 3:39 PM

Dan,

        About a month ago, Mark Pepe told me that he had another
couple of
bushings to put in his springs and then he'd be done.  I suggested we
go to my
Uncles' shop and use the 'bushing squirter'.  It's a large C-clamp
with the
fixed jaw having a large circle in the center.  This allows for the
bushing to
push through the hole when the c-clamp is closing.  Jack up the truck,
loosen
the bolts, let the spring droop, 'squirt' the bushing with the impact
wrench and
c-clamp tool, and push in new bushings with grease.  Took about 20
min. per
side.  The torch works, but then you have to use the hacksaw and
chisel out the
old bushing outer steel sleeve.

        just kerosene onthe bonfire,

        -Joel