Re: Toms Fire frenzy

John Fleck wrote:
> TOM, why the hell on Earth did you try starting the motor after pouring gas
> all over the motor. Did no one ever tell ya to wait till it evaporated and

Umm... I was already late enough for work... ;-)

> problems, hows that to justify it to yourself) or spend some bucks on a
> rebuilt carb $180 comes to mind if I recall.

I spent $250 on a BRAND NEW carb... why do you think I want it to run
properly so badly? ;-)

Well, no fires this morning... instead, while trying to squeeze into a
parking spot at work, I missed the Ford pickup that didn't know how to
stay in his/her own spot, but just as I turned to look, a steel post
caught my driver's mirror... fine, it flipped it forward.. but when I
get out, I notice it flipped the mirror forward *and* turned it enough
that the mounting bracket then applied pressure to the door and put a
nice big dent in it.  *groan*

I might get it out with a big magnet.. it's that kind of
big-but-not-severe dent.. if not, I guess I'm tearing my door apart to
push it back out...

I've done more body damage in the parking garage at work than I have on
the trail...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT - back to boycotting the parking garage
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout