Diesel Vaccum pump/Alternator problems.

Well the seal between the alt and the vaccum pump is letting go. So, here's
my difficult questions:

Does anyone have the seal # handy for the seal that goes between the hitachi
alternator and the vaccum pump on a Diesel Scout II?

Also, does anyone have an extra one of these alternators laying around. I'm
looking for a core. Not a working one. I'll get it rebuilt.

Does anyone know what kind of bearings are in the vaccum pump?

What function does pumping full pressure oil through that thing? Is it
cooling?

Is it a diaphram or rotary/vane pump?

Is the seal between the pump and the alternator on the pump or the
alternator?

If this gets difficult, I'm tempted to go with either the Dodge/Cummins
integrated PS/vaccum pump combo(goes good with my Milemarker Winch. No need
for the PTO pump. Slow is fine with a 2 spd).
OR the Ford/IH 6.9-7.3L vaccum pump that is a self contained unit.  Longshot
here....Anyone dealt with either?