the dreaded bulkhead connector

Well folks, it looks like my time has come.

My scout II is suffering from bulkhead connector blues.  Here's the story,
My alternator needs a bit of a goose on the gas before it'll start charging
at its peak.  Sometimes, however, the goose fails to engage the charging
system.  When this first happened, I'd go jiggle one or both of the
passenger side bulkhead connectors, and she'd come to life.  Today, however,
the jiggle produced no results.  Cleaned 'em out with some electrical spray,
no dice. Had to drive home with no lights or windshild wipers (pretty tough
in January in Oregon) as to save the precious juice.

So, it appears that I'm gonna have to change these things out, and soon.
Anyone out there been through this and lived to tell the tale?  Thanks in
advance for any info.

Matt Neff
Beaverton, OR