Update on what is going on with my "beast"

Hello all:

I have been spending allot of time lately messing with the '74 200 4X4....I
got my Lockouts in (Thanx to  Darrel Kline for those)  and they work great.
I have noticed a increase in fuel economy, alot less noise from the front of
the truck, and it seems that with less front end drag, it goes a little
faster too.   I really like how IH hubs are set up...So easy to install
compared to hubs for Ford and Chevy.

Well I got to thinking and seeing that somebody stuck a GM column in my
truck, I might as well get stick a GM turn signal switch in the truck (Duh)
I located one in a '75 GMC and I am getting it for dirt cheap!

I went up to The big town of Melvin to look at the 5 speed in the Loadstar.
Is there a plate or sheet on  the Loadstar trucks that tells the trans
model?  Well I did not go underneath the truck...There was too much snow
around it...Guess I will head back up there in the spring.

Well despite the fact that my IH does not have working heat and the drivers
side window does not go up, the truck has been a lifesaver this winter.    A
locking rear Diff would sure help alot though...

Y'all take care..Just thought I would keep you all up to date on what is
happening in these parts..

Chris "Lube" Lublin