re: Spring over

snip ...
"...well, if you do the spring over you're gonna find your vehicle is gonna
handle less than satisfactorally...I
sure did. .."
more snipage...
I have to disagree with this comment as would anyone who drove my SSII
(including my finicky wife) pre & post lift.  I had my lift done by the
pro's at Warden's Auto Repair in Placerville CA over 8 years ago.  They had
done many hundreds of units (TLC's) prior to mine and knew what they were
doing.  I'm sure their number is in the thousand(s) now.  I won't comment
on any list members mechanical ENGINEERING skill other than to say mine
certainly wasn't up to this type of job.  You screw this up you could lose
your rig, your life, and maybe someone else's too...  There's probably
people on the list quite capable of this type of modification (including
possibly the original poster), it's just that I've noticed posting here and
elsewhere by what appear to be novices at this type of work taking a very
risky (in my opinion) 'trial & error' approach.  If you're gonna try this
in my neighborhood (OlyWA) drop me a note before you 'roadtest', please.
It's a GREAT modification and I encourage those with the skill to research
it thoroughly (and then research some more) and go for it.  For those like
me, start that savings account and have a pro do it, you'll LOVE IT (on
road and off).
SEC	'79 SSII & '70 1300D