RE: Stock CAM specs

Allan W posted these specs:
>Intake:
Material:  V-304=1041 Aluminized; 345,392=XB
Type: poppet
Lift 0.440 (at the valve, I'm sure)
Valve opens before TDC:  21 degrees
Valve closes after BDC: 63 Degrees
Exhaust:
Material:  304=Stem&head 21-2; tip 3140
             345,392 stem EMS-1 head EMS-10  Stellite faced
             tip on 392: 3140
Type:  blank for 304, Roto-Cap for 345, Roto-Coil for 392
Lift:  0.375
Valve opens before BDC:  58 degrees
Valve closes after TDC:  18 degrees
Seat inserts:  304: none  345, 392: Endurite or Eatonite<

Allan & others,

  Ok, this brings up some questions.  I know all IH V8 cams CAN be
interchanged, but are they all the same specs?  And do you want the same
cam specs for your rock crawling Scout as for your highway cruising
Travelall?  And if these cams were designed in the leaded gas days don't
you want a cam designed for unleaded fuels?  Do you get a cam choice when
buying a rebuild kit or do you just get a generic IH cam?

  Seems like anyone re-camming their engine would want to have a cam suited
to their intended use rather than a compromise design that's a
one-size-fits-all grind.  Prior to buying my off the shelf Schnieder I
considered going thru a speed shop and having my cam reground by one of the
speed shop's vendors.  In order to get the best choice of grind they had
about 20 questions like, vehicle use, engine mods, vehicle weight, trans
type, ratios, tire size,etc.  Rather than wait 3 weeks for the regrind I
went with the Schnieder  grind whose description seemed closest to my use.

  So what's the deal, are all stock IH cams the same grind?

Doug