uninsured drivers, u bolt skidplates

Luke,
Sorry to hear of your loss, there may be value in talking to one of the
personal injury shysters that are always on TV here in NM (Home of the
uninsured motorist/drunk driver) That assumes the other driver has a job
that could be garnished. Depending where you are in Colorado you may find
an decent IH, Colorado Springs Equipment Company was the largest Scout
dealer in the country in the early 70s. Every time I go home I see a few
nice ones.

I've had good luck with the u bolt skidplates from Con Fer, they've been on
my CJ for over 20 years now, most of the members of my club are using some
from Mountain Off Road Enterprises (I think), they have screw in shock pins
for the lower mounts so they can be easily replaced.

Terry  Rust

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
--Patrick Henry, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution
(1788).