Advance Adaptors (Chevy in Travelall)

First, ditto the other WTH would you want to do this comments.  But there
can be reasons, I guess.  So..

This is what I have always thought:

The IH 4-spds have the basic BW T18 family bolt pattern, shaft diameter and
splines.  However, they have a much longer input shaft.  The AA Scout tranny
adaptor, when I looked at it a very long time ago, simply sucks up the
excess shaft... I guessed the reason you would use it instead of just a
"regular" shaft was to push the motor forward to clearance the distributor??

Any or all of that may be wrong.  However, I have also been given to
understand that the 5spd has a different bolt pattern than the 4spd...
people always say "get the bellhousing."

And, of course, the 5spd was never offered on the Scout.

So are you sure AA isn't trying to sell you the Scout adaptor? 'Cause I
don't think it will work.

Why don't you take advantage of the split tranny/transfer case?  Get your
chevy with a truck tranny already on it.  Then you can (hopefully, it all
depends on the linkage problems) put the engine where it needs to be and
just have the center shaft lengthened for about 1/10 the cost of anything AA
sells.

This isn't meant to be a knock at AA, they do provide a service.

TA and Chevy frame rails are pretty close to the same width... you can
probably rig chevy mounts somehow, including AA's adjustable mounts.  I
should go measure the ones in the Jeep.

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA