Re: hofs@domain.elided

another thing to think about, is welding rims legal?  I don't know about
light duty, but for med/heavy duty it isnt

joe

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, PGP public key
avadiable upon request

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:30:23 EST TERNOV@domain.elided writes:
>In a message dated 1/13/99 12:44:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>owner-ihc-
>digest@domain.elided writes:
>
><< Devin,
> No, the JB Weld won't work to keep those rims from cracking farther.
>You
> need to, in my opinion have someone with a TIG welder weld up those
>cracks,
> more fusing the existing metal than adding more metal, although of
>course,
> he will add some metal in the process. Then with a grinder, you bring
>the
> surfaces back to where they are aesthetically pleasing, and repaint.
>If the
> job is done right with a TIG, or less desirable a MIG welder, you
>will have
> very little cleanup to do.
> John Hofstetter >>
>
>John,
>This was my original plan, but I was told by several people that the
>wheels
>would warp, rendering them completely out of balance. I have a mig in
>the
>garage. Simple enough job, about 2 seconds really, but will they warp?
>Devin Smith
>'65 Scout 80 turbo

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]