Well, I'm Baaaack!

Well, I'm back from my one month hiatus from school.  During my winter break, I've managed to turn a 1967 Scout 800 Sportop into nothing more than pieces of metal.  I stripped the entire thing down to the frame, and then pulled the engine and stripped that down to the block for the rebuild.  Unfortunately the cold weather is not in my favor and I haven't been working on it as much as I would've liked to.  The 152 ci. engine looks good inside.  I've already got an entire gasket set for it and pretty soon (money and weather allowing) I'm going to get new bearings and rings for it.  After that, paint it.  Hopefully by that time, it'll be warm enough to sandblast and paint the frame :)  Meanwhile the donor body has been sitting on my uncle's farm and it's getting rustier by the month, man I gotta get movin' on this project!  Hopefully I'll have it semi-completed by the Nationals, but that is unlikely.  I've still got to finsh my red Scout and put my lift on it $600, ouch!  Well, I hope I haven't missed too much from the digest in the last month :)

Later,
Gary
---
1967 Scout 800, 196, 3spd, 4wd, red Scout "the nice one"
1967 Scout 800, 266, 3spd, 4wd, white Scout "the beater"
1967 Scout 800, 152, 3spd, 2wd, free Scout "the project, soon to be a Sporttop"
1967 Scout 800, 152, 3spd, 2wd, ugly Scout "the Sportop, for parts"
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/2512/index.html