RE: Scout went dead

Hey Mike,

Two things came to mind.  Possibly your gold box is going out on you.  I am
not sure what year, if ever, they quit using the gold box on the scouts.
When my gold box died, it had very similar symtoms to what you describe.
You might also have a bulkhead connector problem (related to your "click")
in addition to the gold box problem.  I have had real bad start problems
with the bulkhead connector, but I never had one kill the truck while
driving it.  So . . . . check into replacing your gold box, or get rid of it
and upgrade to a pertronix ignitor.  I would think that with gas line
freeze, you would get some chugs, before it died, unlike when your ignition
is killed, it just dies.

Hope this helps

Epp
The Scout Ranch