Fan Clutch

OK, just read the BB-FAQ on the Fan Clutch..

We need to replace the fan.. it's all bent up.

Am I correct that the FAQ is saying to keep the fan bolted up (gotta
re-bolt it) and use a chisel on the fan itself to loosen the large 1
7/8" nut?  No need to borrow the large wrench?

Will a regular fan from my fixed style setups work with the clutch
assembly then?

I think I have access to the tool I need.. but the old fan is scrap
material, so if I don't need to borrow the wrench until re-assembly,
that's even better.

'74 Scout II 345 w/ clutch fan.

-Tom