Re: Re[2]: Most dangerous braking situation...

yep.  I learned how to drive on my freinds ranch in WY, where besides
snow there was mud and otherthings to tend with, along with moving
objects.

in 7 years, I've bruched trucks along trees playing in the woods, but not
one accident so far.

oh, and as for lowering the driving age, what about those like me from
ag. backgrounds that driving ASAP is important not to the driver, but the
family.?

joe

On Wed, 06 Jan 1999 06:57 -0800 (PST) jmbrodsky@domain.elided writes:

>--Boundary_(ID_T3vrpT83AC2grfOU9/xdIQ)
>

>     Bull.  A skid can ALWAYS be altered by driver input.  Sometimes
>     for the better.  Sometimes for the worse.  You use a completely
>     different technique in a front drive Honda than a rear drive
>     Terra.  As Tom M would verify, growing up in snowy environments
>     contributes to learning to drive sideways.  As does growing up in
>
>     the desert.  On dirt roads there are plenty of opportunities to
>     learn to drive a skid.  Too many drivers 'just let go' of the
>     steering wheel, feeling like they have no control.  Moral is that
>
>     you don't often hear about 150 car pile ups in foggy snowy
>     circumstances in Germany, where the driver eductaion course is 6
>     months long!  Not a little book, then take a written.
>
>     -Joel

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]