Re: Alternator confusion..

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Mike Bucher wrote:

> Don't know how many miles on the alternator, but when the brushes are on
> their last legs it takes a lot of rpms to get any output and they can be
> kinda intermittent.
>
> Worth a look.

Good thought, Mike.

From past discussions, I *expected* my "new" (10k miles.. over 2+ years)
90amp alt to have a higher "threshold" to start it's "self-charge"
status.. but once I reached *that* point, it would charge reliably at all
but lugging-below-idle RPMS.  The 63amp I just dropped in still wants a
spike at start-up.. but again, makes juice at idle..

I didn't find any obviously damaged wires yet.. I need to look at the
plug itself before I call it "good".. but I may opt for a 1-wire kit just
for good measure anyhow...

Thanks,

-Tom