Re: Performance update, '79 Scout II

John:

Glad to here that all went well and that you've learned something about
your IH. I've had similar experiences myself, where I'm ready for
something major to be wrong, like rebuild time, only to find out that
some "adjusting" took care of anything.

For those of you that think I rave on about the CA smog laws: A mechanic
CAN NOT legally do what John's mechanic did here. And, if one does and
the "smog police" are around, he will be heavily fined and loose his
license. Please note, this harsh penalty, in spite of the fact that
there may be no change in HCs, COs or NOx due to the switch from ported
to non-ported vacuum signal on the advance and the additional static
advance that was dialed it. You're guilty until proven innocent.

Tom H.