Nuetral safety switch

I think that the earlier post is probably correct about the nuetral safety
switch working by grounding out the circuit when in a gear other than Park
or Nuetral. I say this because i knocked my connection off years ago and it
is now dangling in an awkward spot to get to, consequently I can start in
any gear.
John Hofstetter