First Amendment

----------
>From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
>To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
>Subject: ihc-digest V6 #417
>Date: Wed, Dec 30, 1998, 7:00 AM
>

>And while I'd like to believe that my children are perfect angels as sometimes
>is discussed here, I do know better.

Peter,
Who on this digest discussed the belief that your children are perfect
angels? (g)

>Rather than re-print it here without permission, I'll simply urge folks with an
>interest in the First Amendment to check this out:

Interesting problem presented in the article. As a former school
administrator, I can sympathize some with the school, but they handled the
problem moronically. The whole First Amendment thing, especially now with
the internet providing a much broader and more accessible forum, is a real
dilemna. However, schools need to deal with the problem in constructive
ways, not through suspension of constitutional rights. Damn morons should
have known that the ACLU would be poised to jump on their knee-jerk
reaction.

Thanks for the post. Now about the Second Amendment ...........

John Hofstetter