Re: AMC or IH??

Rocky wrote:
> I belong to an AMC cars list too. There has been discussion about a 401
> IH built engine in addition to the AMC IH used. Can you guys confirm? If
> this is true, is the distributor in front or back? Do the valve covers

"sorta"

IH actually sourced the 401 from AMC in 74/75 for use in the Light Line
(maybe 73, too?) due to a shortage in the 392V8.

OTOH, IH had a gas MV404 (??) and bigger motors.. but not in a light
truck (at least, not when it left the factory)

IH sourced the 232 and 258 from AMC 'till '74, too.

-Tom