Seat Belts

A few Qs.

1) CJs have the seat belts mounted to the rollbar.. I seem to recall the
bolt running front to rear, holding the seat belt on.  Is that correct?

I've made some progress on my 3pt swap into the '77, and I'm concerned
about having the "D"-ring shoulder-piece mounted to the rollbar with the
existing bolt that runs front/back.  Isn't there some reason why I won'd
want to pull ALONG a bolt but always ACROSS a bolt?

2) Anyone know, off hand, a good source for GM female belts that are
"tall/long".. like one that would actually stick up through my bench
seat (from the floor mount) sufficiently far that I could reach the
release button easily?  The belts from my '83 Pontiac 2000 are not quite
long enough.. I was *thinking* Chevy pickup, but I couldn't say for sure
if they're any taller or not.

Also, I assume I want Grade 8 everywhere...

Currently the ratchet box and the fixed end of the 3pt belt are attached
to the horizontal bolts of the vertical rollbar legs.  (the rollbar has
feet that go "around" the step.. two bolts go down from the top of the
step, two go rearward from the "side" of the step, from front of the
truck to back).  They're only Grade 5.. I installed the ratchet
mechanism while at RMIHR and didn't have my Grade 8 replacements handy..
with THESE bolts, the primary force will be *across* the bolt, vs
in-line.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs