WM fuel supply

Hey, here's an advantage of a WM!! At least one with two fuel tanks....

You can put the jerry can RIGHT IN THE BED!!  Unscrew the cover over the
left rear tank, remove the fuel hose and shove it in the can.

If it wasn't for the absymal gas milage you might find yourself living with
it that way for a while.

Seriously, though, have you tried both tanks?  If the problems the same with
both, then it's the line to the fuel pump, from the fuel pump (unlikely),
the fuel pump....

Or maybe the valve.. but I've never had it apart.  So I don't know if their
is a intermediate position that would restrict the flow that much.  What I'm
saying is that maybe the cable broke with the selector right between the two
tanks (good ole' Murphy) and you have only a very small orifice left.

You say you don't have any friends... could you slip a street urchin a fiver
and get him to pull the valve in and out while you stick your head under the
fender and see if the lever moves?

As for the multi-pump idea, it's fine.  The gas gauge selector is an
electrical contact... you could use it to pick a pump.  You might want to
use relays.. the switch seems big but who knows what the contact rating is.
Anyway, this is for another day.. once it runs (and after you find the
really expensive problem that got it parked).

BTW, Alan W... if you read this far... your problem is almost certainly a
pitted contact, either in the ignition switch or the relay... p'bly the
relay since the high current is there.

I've had this situation a number of times, sometimes auto related but often
with old Lionel trains and such.  Drives you nuts... fails in the worst
situation or in front of the maximum number of people.

The automotive one that comes to mind was the Jeep's fuel pump relay....
Sometimes the stupid thing just wouldn't get any fuel pressure.  Only once
in a while.  And this was after my first Holley pump had toasted itself, so
I was just SO sure that it was the pump not firing up, not a lack of
electricty.

I like the bypass button.. 'cause the pitting accelerates- it will soon get
bad enough that you'll be able to find it w/out replacing everything.

(Note: why I hate GM... first I was so happy to find out the relay only cost
like $12, but then as I thought about it... Why the f&ck didn't they put in
a $24 relay that wouldn't go bad?)

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA