snow

   We got our first touch of snow last night and I happened to be out in
it with Bad. Now normally I wouldn't be the least trepidatious of
driving in the snow with a Scout, but; Bad doesn't have operating front
Hubs so, no Four-wheel drive.
   What it does have is a Power-Lok in the rear.
   I will say that out of the million+ people that live in my south
Jersey/Philadelphia area, only about 10% of the people know how to drive
effectively in the snow. Not to mention that most of the people drive
metros and saturns.
    I was very pleased with Bad and I was pleased with the manual tranny
in the snow. I had to start off in second gear to keep from breaking the
tires loose, and I just left the T-18 in 3rd which allowed a steady 30
MPH and still allow compression braking I don't know how Ugly would have
acted with the auto.
    I enjoyed the snow driving and wish I could get more of it here. The
worst part is of course the other 999,999 people on the roads at the
same time I am.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The