Re: Compression

In a brilliant stroke of genius, "Steven Stegmann" <s_stegmann@domain.elided>
blurted out:

>How 'bout this one.   In Europe after WWII when fuel was scarce they got
>some vehicles running by installing a gas generator.  What was this you
>ask.  It was a cylinder about 2ft diameter and 5 ft high.  Anything
>organic was burned in a fire starved for oxygen.  The exhaust gasses
>from this were then piped to the vehicle engine and burned in the
>engine.  They didn't move very well and were a general PITA but... you
>use what you got in that kind of situation.

Hmmm... this sounds like a good theme for a movie.  Yeah... that's it... we
could call it "Road Warrior" and film it in Australia.  Maybe we could even
talk Mel Gibson into staring in it?

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)