Re: Fuel pump

In a message dated 12/22/98, 12:23:16 PM,
 "Jeff Tarquinio" <tark_terra@domain.elided>  writes:

<<Subject: Fuel pump

152, 196, 304, 345, 392 all have the same mechanical type run by the cam lobe,
in the OEM config.  I just bought one last week, NAPA had it in stock, Life
time warranty, $24.95.>>

Digesters,

Just a bit o' information... The pump that NAPA stocks is a single diaphragm
type. If your IH has vacuum wipers or other accessories that run off the fuel
pump vacuum, you will need a double diaphragm type that runs about $80 and is
not usually a stock item. In fact, I had to get mine from Anything Scout.
No one has confirmed this for me but I would assume you could also run your
wipers off of intake manifold or carburetor vacuum as well by simply rerouting
the lines to a suitable vacuum source.
Then the stock (and cheaper) NAPA pump would be fine.

Roy Ireland
65 Scout 80
Tucson, AZ
rlireland@domain.elided