Peter's tranny mount

>Can anyone tell me what kind of mount this is, or offer any other kind of
>advice?
>
>Also, can anyone "orient" me on this?  I didn't remove it, so I'm not sure
>which
>way it come out.  That MAY be a stupid question if there's only one way it
>fits
>in.  OTOH, if it CAN be screwed up, I'll find a way to do it! %^} Are the
>bolt
>heads on "top" (ie; looking in from the hood down at the mount) or the
>"bottom"
>(looking up from under the truck).
>
>Soooo, other than discussing the above, what are your Binderish plans for the
>weekend?
>
>Again, this is for a 1972 Travelall, 1010, 345, auto tranny. Sorry for the
>hassle!  Hope to have real manual from Binder Books around late January /
>Feb.
>But then again... You have two choices -  answer my questions or else deal
>with
>all those "honey do" projects, studying for a test at school, shovel the
>driveway, cut wood, or whatever (like work on your own truck, ey?!)  ;-)
>
>Thanks!
>

>- --Pete

Pete,
That's the tranny mount that's used on my 79 and was used on my 78 Scouts
with the auto tranny. I have no idea if it's right for the Travelall, or
not. I don't remember which way the bolts went originally, but I kept
losing those bolts (one at a time) so now I have the nuts on the bottom
and lock nuts. Next time I change them, I'll go with castellated nuts and
wire the suckers on. I do quite a bit of rock climbing and this may
contribute to the problem.
John Hofstetter