Re: Oil Pumps

When the truth serum kicked in, cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees) blurted
out...

>   Pete wants to go the other way, though. (Sorry, Pete, that didn't
>come out right) He has a Scout engine in his Travelall and has a Scout
>pump. You have a P/up engine there now, could a Scout pump be modified
>to pickup in a Travelall pan?

Thanks for the clarification Dan.

I think that yes... because the Scout pump is shorter, with a whole lot of
hassle you could adapt it to the Pickup / Travelall pan.

Why bother???  Pete: If you're interested, I'd be happy to swap straight
across for your Scout II pump and tube in exchange for the pump and tube I
have from a 72 IH 1100 Pickup.  The pump I have is configured to draw oil from
a "sump forward" oil pan.  I don't see a Pickup or Travelall in my immediate
IH truck future, so the pump I have is gathering dust.  Heck, I still have the
matching oil pan I'll throw in if you want that too.  I want that pan *out* of
my garage!

Contact me off Digest if you're interested in trading.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | TEENAGERS: Tired of being harassed by
Conservative Libertarian         |            your stupid parents?
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               |                ACT NOW!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | Move out, get a job, and pay your own
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | bills while you still know everything!