My exploration: more history

>Have you eliminated the possibility of that flap valve in the right
>exhaust
>manifold?  It can sound like anything from a lifter to a loose rod.
>
>I through that away a long time ago.   The sound is easiest to hear at
idle and can almost  be drownded out with revs above 2500rpm.  Everyone
thats heard it says it sounds like lifters. The noise hasn't changed with
switching new cams and lifters ,removing the fuel pump, or going to
church and praying about it.
Another thing to consider is the heads have been milled .095 but I am
using pushrods that are .100 shorter to compensate.  I have bought four
new rockers ($15 ea) but I can't really identify a problem rocker.
  The next thing I'm going to do is blow  out and visualize the oil
galleys that feed the lifters.

Rik Des Jardin
PO box 304 Pomeroy, Wa 99347
rikofwa@domain.elided     Scout Site: http://users.pullman.com/rdesjard
The weekend Warrior: 77 Traveler,  The parts scouts 72 Scout II and 75
Scout II.
Christmas is coming......................to get you!