propane conversions

I got the following from a friend of mine who does know propane (he is a
Chief Operating Officer for a major propane company, and has been in the
business for over 20 years).  My question is, does any one know of any
GRD233 conversions and how did it work?

Jim Hadfield

Jim is that a down-draft or an up-draft carb?
What is the bolt spacing on the bolts that fasten it to the manifold and
how big is the air inlet into the manifold.  A simple Impco 125 or 225
ought to do the job.

I might be able to scrounge the carb. You would probably have to purchase
the throttle body and/or base plate to fit the specific application.
Fair warning.  In-line 6 cylinder engines make the worst propane
conversions.  Especially IHC.  Very narrow and restrictive intake
manifold does not allow for good mixing of air and propane. RESULT? Lousy
efficiency and burning of valves over time.