Out of The Ashes... It's MOTOR MOUNTS Revisited!

Dear Reapers & Reapesses,

I know this has been visited somewhat lately, but regrettably I missed some of 'the good stufff' that came out of the recent motor mount discussions.  I also am in the market for a _complete_ set for my 1972 Travelall 1010 345 a/t.  Every time (or nearly so!) when I call a dealer for mounts, they ask something like:

"Are they the dog bone style or the 'other' kind?"  I dunno!  I'm presuming they're asking about the front motor mount and not the tranny mountS.  I guess I have the "other" kind - I don't see anything resembling a dog bone about them, but then again, there's very little left to work with.

I called a 'well known' Scout/IH place a few minutes ago, and here's what I learned:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Called and spoke with (SNIPPED!). He's guesstimating my motormounts are the "horse shoe" style and not the "dog bone" style.  Therefore: Front mount = $32 (2 pads x $16). Tranny mounts are $120 ($60 x 2). Add $10 S&H, add $10 misc hardware (nuts, bolts, spacers, etc.) = $172 total.

Pardon me, but suddenly, crawling around in the junk yard for $40 or so, plus tax, for USED mounts sounds a bit more appealing.

Am I out of line, or does $172 (delivered ;-)) sound a bit stiff for a complete set of new mounts? Everyone's entitled to charge whatever the market will bear, but that's a bit more than <I> can bear...

Questions:
1) Does anyone know of a manufacterer / distributor that can beat that price for new mounts? Some kinda high-techish compund would be super...

2) Can anyone authoritatively tell me what "kind" of mounts I had/need?

Thanks so much,

--Pete
P.S.: Please "cc" your reply to: pferris@domain.elided  - that address will find me no matter what.  This work address is only at work (sounds logical to me!).