Re: 727 rebuild

>Binders, and Allen,
>   I have the 727 completly apart down to the sub-systems, except for
>the overunning clutch.
>   Question 1) How do I remove the overrunning clutch thingy from the
>rear of the case? I gentle tugged on it and it didn't move.

If you are talking the outer ring/retainer that holds the sprints and
rollers,
DON'T take it out.  No need to.  There is a setscrew holding it in, but
I seem to recall there is more to it than that, and a special procedure for
getting it in straight.

>   I removed the reverse/low band servo and foun a good amount of clay
>and a few water dropplets, not good.
>   How do I tell if the bands are shot? It may be in the manual, I
>haven't looked yet.

They have grooves in the friction material, if you can still see them, and
they are even all the way around, they are probably OK.

>   What color whould be a good color for the outside of the tranny? My
>engine is Jasper grey, so; something that maches and would look good
>under mud.

That's up to you.  I use Hammerite Silver myself.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup