Weekend work report

Digesters,
   This weekend was remove the tranny from Ugly day. friday night when I
got home in my few minutes of daylight I pulled the drive shafts and
unbolted the torque converter from flexplate. Saturday morning I started
everything else. I droped the pan about 9is and found a layer of PA clay
in the bottom of it and pasted on the filter. Generally, that wouldn't
be good for a tranny. <G> Around 10ish Roger Jones, one of our club guys
from central Jersey, showed up with a monster tranny jack. After
standing around talking we got back into the tranny. We dropped the
tranny out somewhere around noonish. It was at this point that Joe
Costanzo calls me and telles me he is on his way over. I give him
directions to my house and hang up.
   By 2:30 I had the transfer case off and was cleaning it up a little
when Roger and I decided to get lunch. At this point we were expecting
Joe any minute and Tark not much longer after. So we just sent out for
Pizza.
   As we were eating Tark shows up from Boston. He was down looking at a
Travelall near the NY/NJ border so, since he was so close he figured he
would swing by my house and loan me a spare trany he had. He came in his
new Scout, it is a nice Scout. (What is it with these Ugly truck guys
all getting a nice Scout too?)
   So, we were still waiting for Joe to show, so; we went to putting
Tarks tranny back in. After a few issues that we straightend out
straight way it fell right in. By about 6 PM we had the tranny in and
bolted up and the crossmember installed. Now, what us left is to hook
everything back up. The T-case needs to be installed, driveshafts, lines
and wires, linkedges, ect...
   So, by 6:30 here comes that Lime Green Scout rolling up to the house.
Jerry Muncie you have nothing to worry about your reputation is in no
danger of being stollen by Joe. Christopher Columbus Costanzo made a
wrong turn and ended up almost in Atlantic City. <G> I think he was just
trying to avoid doing any work!
   So, that is where Ugly is now. Today it is raining. We are now
getting the same rainstorm that probable stymied Rob and Dennis' weekend
yesterday.
   So, thank you Tark, Roger and Joe (what for?) for the work, tranny,
and jack. I really apreciat it. Don't forget in a month we have to do
this all over again when I put Ugly's rebuilt back in.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto