real pulling power & "torquey" engines

Hi guys,
  With all you guys wanting all this low end pulling power you should have came to my Grandpas farm sale when he retired. He had a couple of nice Allis Chalmers & John Deeres that would pull your house off it's foundation! The one tractor had 16 foward speeds and 4 or 8 reverse speeds. (I can't remember which) The down side is a top speed of about 23 mph :(
  I know they are car engines but what about those old Buick, Olds & Pontiac 455's. Something like 510lbs of torque for the '70 Buick Stage I.
 Now that'll burn down a set of Goodyears !

I'll just stick with my 345 V-8. with a granny gear 4 speed, 4:10s & 2 speed transfer case it will pull. It does seems like the other truck makes pull okay once they get moving a little. The IH reigns supreme when it comes to starting off a dead weight. > Stump pullers, grain wagons etc. Anybody can pull a car trailer, including my 318V-8 Grand Cherokee :)

The only thing my Jeep really pulls is my Polaris 4 wheeler on my little trailer. But what a nice job it does :)
 I know, I know you Scout guys hate Jeeps !
c-ya,
Andrew Thomas
'69 IH 1200 4X4