Re: 727 rebuild

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, John A. Landry wrote:

> What's to wear out in a torque convertor?  I mean, isn't is just two set of
> fins (one inside the other) and a maybe needle bearing, right?  So why
> would you want to replace one... unless maybe you dropped it and crack it?

Hi John,
 The reason to replace the converter is keep the debris out of the
rebuilt trans.The 727 is"not the cleanest running transmission"To quote my
local trans shop when I asked them about the amount of stuff in the pan.
The only thing you would crack is your toe,it would bend or dent, not
break.

                       Dennis
                       75,77,79 II's