Gutter Mounts

Anyone have a source for "clips" to use for mounting things to the hardtop
of a Scout II via the "gutter"?

I have a ski rack I bought that's too narrow... not a problem.. I'll just
widen it.  I was thinking of just running cable through the aluminum box
tube the ski rack is made from, and attach it to the gutters and use a
turnbuckle to tighten it down.

'cept I can't find anything that'll attach to the gutter in a fashion that I
feel good about...

Something like a "C" but also like a "d" that would go over the gutter and
then have a vertical piece on the *inside* edge so it'll lock tight against
the gutter... picture a "d" with the lower rear part cut out... so it's more
like a "c" with a top on it.

That's what I'm after....

If I don't find an off-the-shelf part, I guess I"ll go talk to the steel
fabricator... slap some strap on a brake, and it should be a piece o' cake.

yes, I want to do this myself, but I'd rather not put the $400 or so into
the proper brake n' other goodies *Yet*..   :-)

In the meantime, I guess I'll continue to put my skiis against the passenger
rear corner of the tailgate, and then place the tips over the rollbar.. ;-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout