John Stricker's engine post

I haven't a clue as to the Loadstar differences...

But on the other parts of his posts:  The BB brought some of this up in an
article on somebody's racing Scout-  why they used a 304 instead of the
bigger blocks.  It was easier to get to, or at least close to, the
oversquare layout that you want for high-RPM hp.  Or something like that.

I think most motors have gone to a long-stroke configuration.  I've heard
that it's both better for emissions and worse, so I don't know.  But more to
the point the foreign car makers realized that Americans were used to
lumping along at 2000 RPM, and so the longer stroke engines helped make up
for a lack of displacement.

And they seem to be able to work miracles.  My VW 6cyl has a very long
stroke,  but 6500 RPM is no problem at all.

Now, if John would try to explain rod-ratios to me!

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA