torqueflight 727

Guys,

Thanks for all the info on my tranny and keeping it understandable.
"Grasshopper still has much to learn".   I have just one question for
John L.:   HUH? :)

This was what I found out. Scout Madness wanted $425 plus core charge,
plus shipping (both ways), a place in Ft. Worth, $500 + shipping, a
place in Magnolia, TX wanted $3-400 to rebuild mine which included new
torque converter, clutch and gaskets, I would have to drive it there
and pickup, about 1 1/2 hr 1way.  No real warranties w/ any of these
places.

Decided to go with local shop that does the work for mech. Scout is at
for $300 + parts, at least $90 for torque converter.  Has warranty and
is in town if any problems.

Is still have to pay mech to pull and replace.  HOnestly, patience was
a big decision maker.  I just want my Scout and figured I would pay a
little extra to get it back sooner.

Laura