80 MPH on the snow & ice

Hey Mandera:

Maybe it was because it was raining this morning and I was trying to go 55
MPH (radar enforced speed limit) on the two lane on the way to work while
everyone else was trying to do 65 MPH. And, this is heavily CHP patrolled
and subject to double fines due to 12 fatalities having occured on this
highway in the last twelve months. If you don't die in a head-on when some
fool tries to pass on a blind curve or a hill, the CHP will write you a two
point ticket that will cost you in excess of $300 and possibly your
license!

None-the-less I cannot imagine any time that it would be prudent to be
traveling at 80 MPH on a snow covered road, especially with 6 large men in
a Subaru. Oh sure, the car will do it, 80% of the time. It's the other 20%,
when your out of control and headed for the river or out in front of an
oncoming big rig that you need to worry about.

Except on a frozen lake or some other "ice track" set up for races, the
potential for disaster is just too great. I guess I was just thinking it
would be nice to have you around for the NWBR again next year.

You really need to be carefull who your driving with.

Tom H.