Re: Rare Bird??

Rocky asked :
Has anyone ever seen a 3 or 4 spd. manual trans. behind the 401 AMC in
the IH's? I haven't found anyone who has so I'm beginning to think if a
person ordered the optional AMC V8, a standard trans. could not be had.
Any feedback? This would've allowed IH to skip casting a special
bellhousing.<

Rocky,

  Mr Scout in Eugene, OR has a Scout II with an AMC 401 with a T19/T18
behind it.  It didn't come stock that way, but I understand it happened
with
all stock parts.  Maybe a 258(?) AMC 6 bellhousing?

Doug